- Dimensions® Feltworks® Flat Felt – Rose
- Dimensions® Feltworks® Roving – Ivory/Nutmeg and White/Black
- (2) Dimensions® Feltworks® Felting Needles
- Dimensions® Feltworks® Foam Block
- Embroidery Thread – Rose, Brown and Yellow
- Embroidery Needle
- Pattern Printed from michaels.com
- Stitch Guide from michaels.com
Download the pattern and guide from www.michaels.com below, and cut out the pieces along the solid lines using rose felt.
Stem stitch “JAVA” to the cup sides using brown and yellow green thread. Use backstitch to add the swirls with brown thread.
Needle felt white roving around the top ¼" of the cup sides, going over the top edge.
Bring the short ends of the cup sides together and appliqué stitch them together using rose thread.
Attach the cup bottom to the cup sides with appliqué stitch using rose thread.
To attach the handle, first buttonhole stitch the two pieces together using yellow green thread. Stop ¼" from the ends as shown by the dashed lines on the pattern. Separate the two layers at the ends and attach them with appliqué stitch at the seam of the cup sides with rose thread.
Stuff the cup with nutmeg roving and needle felt it to pack it firmly. Add a tuft of white roving in the center of the nutmeg roving.