Jolly Gingerbread Boy Cookies
- Wilton® Roll-Out Cookie Recipe
- Wilton® 12 in. Rolling Pin
- Wilton® 4-Pc. Grippy Cutter Set (gingerbread boy used)
- Wilton® Non-Stick Cookie Sheet
- Wilton® 10 in. x 16 in. Rectangle Cooling Grid
- Wilton® Royal Icing Mix
- Wilton® Brown Icing Color
- Wilton® Leaf Green Icing Color *
- Wilton® Kelly Green Icing Color *
- Wilton® Christmas Red Icing Color
- Wilton® 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags
- Wilton® Decorating Tip: 3
- Wilton® Decorating Tip: 2
- Wilton® Holiday Confetti (red used)
- Wilton® Piping Gel
- Wilton® Red Colored Sugars
- Wilton® Green Colored Sugars
- Wilton® White Nonpareils
- Wilton® Decorator Brush
Prepare cookie dough according to recipe and roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut using gingerbread boy cookie cutter from set. Bake and cool completely.
Prepare royal icing according to recipe. Tint portions brown, green* and red; reserve some white.
For both gingerbread boy cookies, use tip 3 and full-strength brown icing to outline cookies. Use tip 2 and thinned brown icing to fill in. Let dry overnight.
To make gingerbread boy with green pants: Use tip 3 and full-strength green icing to outline pants. Use tip 2 and thinned green icing to fill in pants. Let set. Use tip 2 and full-strength red icing to pipe suspenders and to attach red holiday confetti on cuffs of pants. Use tip 2 and full-strength white icing to pipe outline smile and to dot eyes, nose, cheeks and buttons. Let set.
To make gingerbread boy with red tie: Use tip 2 and full-strength white icing to pipe outline smile and to dot eyes and nose. Use tip 2 and piping gel to outline tie; sprinkle with red sugar. Use tip 2 and piping gel to pipe buttons; sprinkle with green sugar. Let set. Brush off excess sugar. Use tip 2 and piping gel to pipe wavy lines on ankles and cuffs; sprinkle with white nonpareils. Let set. Brush off excess white nonpareils.
*Combine Leaf Green and Kelly Green for green shown.