Jumbo Flash Cards
What a great way to teach kids anything! The jumbo size makes learning fun…and memorable!
Designed by Craft Marketing Connections, Inc. courtesy of Elmer's.
- Foam Board Multi-Pack, (2 per pack), 18" x 24" x 0.19"
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 12" Metal Ruler
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 12" x 12" Self Healing Cutting Mat
- X-ACTO® Designer Series Retractable #1 Knife (with new blade)
- Project Popperz™ Dual-tip Markers (optional)
- The Paper Company™ / TCP Studio™, 12" x 12" cardstock and scrapbook paper - Choice of colors/patterns
- Cricut® Expression electric die cutting machine and Plantin School Book™ cartridge
From one Elmer's® Foam Board™ sheet, use pencil and 12" metal ruler to draw six 6" x 12" pieces. Use an X-ACTO® Retractable #1 Knife (with new blade) and Metal Ruler on Self Healing Cutting Mat to cut pieces. (Hint: Score lightly first and then press more firmly to cut deeper, with several passes of the knife. Replace blade often.) Cut as many pieces as desired.
Choose paper and use die cutting machine to cut icons (letters, numbers, etc.). For alphabet, 4" upper case and 3" lower case letters; For color: 2" letters and 4" object; For math: 3" numbers and 1/2" x 5" strip; For dominoes: 2" diameter circles and 1/2" x 5" strip. (Note: Determine what will be on the cards, then adjust sizes of icons as necessary.)
(Option: If die cutting machine is not available, use Popperz™ Markers to draw icons on cards.)
Jumbo flash cards have multiple purposes: games, math, alphabet, words, color recognition, dominoes, etc. Ideas for uses:
• They are bright, colorful and fun for learning games.
• Decorate a child's room, family room or school room.
• Pieces can be placed around the room for activity game. (i.e. Find the "Red" card.)
• For "Proximity learners", cards can be placed around room to facilitate learning.
- List of words beginning with letter (alphabet)
- Pictures of other colored objects (color)
- Make another game (dominoes) for two games in one.
• Resize larger to make GIANT cards, for big-impact decorating and display.