Keeping Warm Gingerbread Boy Cookie
- Wilton® Roll-Out Cookie Recipe
- Wilton® 12 in. Rolling Pin
- Wilton® 4-Pc. Grippy Cutter Set (gingerbread boy used)
- Wilton® Non-Stick Cookie Sheet
- Wilton® 10 in. x 16 in. Rectangle Cooling Grid
- Wilton® Royal Icing Mix
- Wilton® Brown Icing Color
- Wilton® Leaf Green Icing Color *
- Wilton® Kelly Green Icing Color *
- Wilton® Christmas Red Icing Color
- Wilton® 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags
- Wilton® Decorating Tip: 3
- Wilton® Decorating Tip: 2
Prepare cookie dough according to recipe and roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut using gingerbread cookie cutter from set. Bake and cool completely.
Prepare royal icing according to recipe. Tint portions brown, green* and red; reserve some white.
Use tip 3 and full-strength brown icing to outline cookie. Use tip 2 and thinned brown icing to fill in cookie. Let dry overnight.
Use tip 2 and full-strength white icing to outline eyes, mouth and cuffs. Also, use to pipe dot nose and buttons.
Use tip 3 and full-strength green icing to pipe scarf.
Use tip 3 and full-strength red icing to pipe earmuffs. Smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.
*Combine Leaf Green and Kelly Green for green shown.