Key to My Heart Necklace
For a different look, hang the etched artisan heart blank as the pendant and turn the embossed fancy key blank into your connector.
Designed by Jess Italia Lincoln.
- Artisan Heart Altered Blank – Natural Brass
- Vintaj® Fancy Key Altered Blank – Natural Brass
- Vintaj® Rectangle Tag Altered Blank, 20x4½mm – Natural Brass
- Sizzix® DecoEmboss Die (by Vintaj®) – Moonlit Night
- Sizzix® DecoEtch Die (by Vintaj®) – Forgotten Times
- Sizzix® BIGkick Machine (Vintaj® Special Edition)
- Vintaj® Metal Reliefing Block
- Bead Gallery® Glass Beads Bicone, 8mm – Light Amethyst
- Bead Gallery® Glass Faceted Rondelle Iris, 6x8mm – Amethyst
- Bead Gallery® Glass Faceted Teardrop, 5x7mm – Mutli-color
- Bead Landing™ Eye Pins, 2"
- Bead Landing™ Jump Rings, 6mm
- Jewelry Essentials™ Head Pins, 3"
- Jewelry Essentials™ Jump Rings, 4mm
- Industrial Chic™ Jump Ring Assortment
- Industrial Chic™ Chain – Silver (36")
- Industrial Chic™ Charms – Heart
- Bead Landing™ 3-in-1 Tool
- Bead Landing™ Chain Nose Pliers
- Bead Landing™ Long Nose Hole Punch Pliers
Once you have determined the design area, place the fancy key blank and rectangle tag blank face up on the Moonlit Night die.
Place the die between the clear plates on top of the solo shim and platform. Crank it through the machine one time.
To highlight the raised areas of the blank, use the white side of a relief block. Polish with the light gray side.
Once you have determined the design area, place the artisan heart blank face down on the Forgotten Times die. Repeat last two steps to complete process.
Use hole punch pliers to make an additional hole opposite the pre-drilled hole on the point of the artisan heart blank.
String a glass multi-color faceted teardrop bead onto a head pin. Hold the bead securely on the head pin and form a wrapped loop with the straight end of the wire.
String a glass faceted rondelle amethyst iris bead onto an eye pin. Hold the bead securely on the eye pin and form a wrapped loop with the remaining wire to create a bead link. Repeat with a glass light amethyst bicone bead for a total of two bead links.
Use chain nose pliers and a 6mm jump ring to connect the embossed fancy key blank to the bottom of the Industrial Chic™ heart charm. Attach the rectangle tag blank with a 4mm jump ring to the large ring at the top of the heart charm. Attach the bicone bead to the left side of large jump ring above the rectangle tag. Attach a 6mm jump ring to the bottom hole in the etched artisan heart blank and attach it to the right side of the large jump ring. Close jump ring to secure connections.
Use chain nose pliers to attach a 10mm spring ring clasp between the bicone bead link and the rondelle bead link. Attach 15" of silver chain to the opposite end of the rondelle bead link and to the top of the etched artisan heart blank with a 6mm jump ring. Suspend the faceted teardrop bead drop to the chain slightly above the heart blank.