King of the Road Picture Frame
Create a personal picture frame using a clear stamp set from Inkadinkado®. It’s perfect for a teenage son who just received his driver’s license or a new car.
Designed by Heather Garl for Inkadinkado®
- Inkadinkado® Road Trip Clear Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado® Small & Medium Clear Stamping Blocks
- StazOn® Solvent Ink: Jet Black
- Recollections Cardstock, Soda Pop: Turquoise
- American Crafts™ Craft Fair Collection Paper Pad: Olive Stripe, Key Print (12-inch x 12-inch)
- Big Bag by Blumenthal Lansing Buttons: Medium Turquoise, Large Lime
- Picture Frame (9-inch x 7-inch)
- Mod Podge® Matte Finish
- Foam Brush
- Scissors: Straight-edged, Large Scallop-edged
- Craft Knife
- Emery Board
- Photo of choice
Attach turquoise cardstock over entire picture frame with Mod Podge. Use the craft knife to trim off the excess around the edges and the opening in the frame.
Use Mod Podge to attach the key print paper along the bottom portion of the frame on a diagonal. Trim the excess paper off with the craft knife.
Cut a strip of olive stripe paper and trim the long bottom edge with the scallop-edges scissors. Attach it above the key print paper following the diagonal.
Adhere small strips of olive stripe and key print paper near the top left corner.
Randomly stamp images on the turquoise cardstock.
Thread a piece of twine through the holes in each of the buttons and knot the ends on the front. Glue them to the frame.
Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.
Use an emery board along the edges of the frame to “clean up” the paper edges.