Knick Knack Drawer
Bright colors make homework fun!
Designed by Helen Slabodukh, courtesy of Blumenthal Lansing Co.
- Favorite Findings™ Mini Buttons - Primary
- Favorite Findings™ Colors We Love Buttons - Primary
- Favorite Findings™ BIG Bag of Buttons - Primary
- Set of Unfinished Wood Drawers
- Embroidery Floss - Primary Colors
- Scrapbook Paper - School Theme
- Plaid® Folk Art® Acrylic Paint - School Bus Yellow
- Medium Flat Paintbrush
- Paper Adhesive
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue
- New Pencils (2)
Using pliers, carefully remove drawer knobs and set aside.
Paint box and drawers yellow. Paint only areas that will not be paper-covered.
Measure top and sides of box, and top and bottom drawer fronts. Measure and cut scrapbook paper to fit. Mix and match on box and drawers as desired. Glue paper to boxes.
Make four button stacks of six different color buttons from large to small. Add an additional small button at bottom of stack under large button. Tie buttons together with floss, knotting on the back. Hot glue in place as drawer pulls.
Randomly glue mini buttons on two middle drawers.
Hot glue pencils to either side of drawers on front of box.
Make four button stacks of three large buttons. Hot glue buttons to each other. Glue to underside of box as feet.