You don’t have to be a coffee drinker to love this screen with it’s cute and clever message!
Designed by Donna Bush, DecoArt Design Team
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylics: Baby Pink, Dark Chocolate, Peony Pink, Bahama Blue, Cocoa
- DecoArt® Texture Crackle: Glacier Blue
- DecoArt® Paintable Textures: Fine, Crackle
- Stretched Canvases, 8-inch x 10-inch (3)
- Paintbrushes: #12 Fat, #2 Flat, #4 Round, Sponge
- Craft Knife
- Palette Knife
- Staple Gun & Staples
- Painter’s Tape
- Americana® Matte Spray Sealer
- Small Round Sponge Pouncer
- Tracing & Light Transfer Paper
- 1½-inch wide Pink Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon: 15-inch lengths (4), 3-inch lengths (2)
- Peel & Stick Clear Rhinestone Strips
- Pink Rhinestone
- Craft Glue or Low-Temp Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
Let dry between steps.
Use sponge brush and Dark Chocolate to base coat canvases.
Use ruler to measure and mark off a 1¼-inch border on each canvas bottom. Mask off with painter’s tape.
Use palette knife to apply Paintable Texture Crackle. Remove tape.
Trace and transfer mug pattern on cardstock. Use craft knife to cut out shape.
Position and secure mug stencil with painter’s tape.
Use palette knife to apply Glacier Blue Texture Crackle inside open stencil area. Carefully lift stencil. (Texture will crackle as it dries.)
Use brush or palette knife to apply Texture Fine above mug for whipped cream.
Use ruler to measure and mark off five equal squares on bottom border.
Use #12 flat brush and Baby Pink to paint alternating squares. Trace and transfer lettering.
Use #4 round brush to paint “Latte” with Cocoa. Paint remaining lettering and mug handle with Baby Pink.
Use sponge pouncer and Bahama Blue to stamp dots on mug.
Use #2 flat brush and Peony Pink to stripe mug handle and letters “W” and “D”.
Use stylus to dot “Latte” canvas background with Baby Pink and remaining canvases with Cocoa.
Use stylus and Peony Pink to dot above checkered border.
Mist canvases with matte spray sealer. Allow to dry between coats.
Position and press rhinestone strips above dot border.
Position and adhere pink rhinestone on exclamation dot.
Assembly: Position ribbon pieces on canvases and secure with staple gun. Refer to photo for placement. Tie bows at top sections.
Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.