Lavender Place Card Holder
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam- Ball, 4"
- Paper- One Sheet Each: Lavender; Lavender/Cream Wedding-Themed Tissue; White Tissue
- Cream Silk Roses- Two
- Silver Craft Wire- 20-Gauge x 1/2 Yard
- Serrated Knife
- Candle Stub or Paraffin
- Fine-Line Permanent Marker- Black
- Small Disposable Bowl and Spoon
- Waxed Paper
- Floral Shears
- Wire Cutters
- Needlenose Pliers
- Low-Temp Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Thick, White Craft Glue
- Optional: Disposable Gloves and Hair Dryer
Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut foam ball in half. Rub cut edges together to smooth rough surfaces.
Tear tissue paper into uneven 1"-2" pieces. Mix one part white glue with two parts water in small bowl, filling bowl about halfway; stir with spoon. If desired, put on rubber gloves.
Dip white tissue pieces one at a time into water/glue mixture and smooth onto surface of foam half balls, allowing pieces to overlap. Repeat with wedding-themed tissue. Place half balls on waxed paper to dry overnight or speed dry with hair dryer.
Cut one 7" length of wire for each place card holder. Use pliers to twist wire into spiral, leaving straight 1-1/2" tail on one end.
Trim rose stems with floral shears and glue one to top of each foam half ball. Glue straight end of wire spiral into center of rose.
Cut 1-1/2" x 2-1/2" place cards from lavender paper. Use marker to print names. Insert cards in wire spirals.
TipsRefer to photo to complete project.
Follow manufacturer's directions for all products used.