Lavender Vellum Asperula Card
Use a marker to color or a small sponge for inking the edges of this delicate card.
Design courtesy of Kristine Reynolds for Stampendous®.
- Stampendous® Woodblock Stamp - Botanical Asperula
- Recollections® Cardstock - Pastel
- Recollections® Paper - Translucent
- K&Company™ Patterned Paper
- Tsukineko® Momento™ Dye Ink - Grape Jelly
- Tsukineko® VersaMark™ Watermark Ink
- Recollections® Embossing Powder - Ebony Detail
- Recollections® Brads - Black
- Scotch® Quick-Dry™ Adhesive
- Embossing Heat Tool
Fold a 11"x4 ¼" panel of lavender cardstock in half to form a card base.
Stamp the Botanical Asperula image on a 5"x3" panel of translucent paper with VersaMark™ ink.
Cover the Asperula image with Ebony embossing powder and shake excess powder back into the jar.
Heat the image with heat gun until the powder melts.
Color the image with markers. Step 6 Tear around the edges of the image panel.
Use a small sponge to sponge purple ink around the torn edges of the panel.
Adhere the panel to a 5 ¼"x4" panel of polka-dot paper, using tiny drops of adhesive behind the solid parts of the image, so the adhesive won't show through the translucent paper.
Install three black brads through the right side of the ribbon.
Adhere a 5" strip of lavender ribbon around the bottom of the panel right underneath the image.
Adhere the polka-dot panel to the card front with quick dry adhesive.