Leaf Candle Wraps
- Delta Ceramcoat® Acrylic Paint, AC Flesh
- Rubber Stampede® Dye Based Ink Pad, Crimson
- Rubber Stampede® Dye Based Ink Pad, Orange
- Rubber Stampede® Pigment Ink Pad, Coffee Bean
- Rubber Stampede® Wood Handled Stamp, Oak
- Rubber Stampede® Wood Handled Stamp, Aspen
- Rubber Stampede® Wood Handled Stamp, Liquid Amber
- Glass Cylinders, 3 graduating sizes
- Candles, optional, to fit inside each cylinder)
- Watercolor Paper
- Cardstock or other colored paper
- Fancy Fiber, variegated fall colors
- Silk Fall Leaves
- Deckle-Edged Ruler, for tearing paper
- Craft Glue
- Paintbrush, No. 1 Soft Bristle
- Paper Plate
- Paper Towels
- Water Basin
Apply AC Flesh to watercolor paper with soft bristle brush. Let dry completely.
Apply Crimson ink to Liquid Amber stamp. Transfer image to watercolor paper in a random pattern. Re-ink stamp with each impression.
Apply Orange ink to Oak leaf stamp. Transfer image to watercolor paper in a random pattern, overlapping Liquid Amber images as desired.
Apply Coffee Bean ink to Aspen leaf stamp. Again, transfer image in a random pattern overlapping other images as desired.
Trim colored cardstock to fit around glass cylinders. Piece together papers as needed to make them long enough to fit around cylinders. Wrap around and secure in back with glue.
Use deckle-edged ruler to tear watercolor paper into strips which are slightly narrower than cardstock. Wrap around each cylinder and secure with glue.
Tie multiple fibers around each cylinder and glue a leaf under each knot.
TipsUse photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.
To stamp, apply ink directly onto stamp, completely covering raised design. Stamp surface with even pressure; do not rock. Lift straight up. Re-ink as needed.
WARNING: TO PREVENT FIRE: Burn candle within sight, keep out of reach of children and pets, never burn on or near anything that can catch fire, do not allow candle flame to come in contact with glass.