Lion Brand® Holiday Stocking
Frosty pale stocking is an elegant holiday accent, and perfectly sized to hold gifts.
Designed by Lion Brand®
- Lion Brand® FUN FUR (Art. #320) #100 White 1 ball (A)
- Lion Brand® crochet hook size J-10 (6 mm)
- Lion Brand® stitch markers
- Lion Brand® large-eyed blunt needle
Finished Width: 6 1/2 in. (16.5 cm)
Finished Length: 14 in. (35.5 cm)
Lion Brand® FUN FUR (Art. #320)
#100 White 1 ball (A)
Lion Brand® HOMESPUN® (Art. #790)
#300 Hepplewhite 1 ball (B)
or colors of your choice
Lion Brand® crochet hook size J-10 (6 mm)
Lion Brand® stitch markers
Lion Brand® large-eyed blunt needle
12 sc + 14 rows = 4 in. (10 cm). BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
sc2tog (sc dec) Insert hook into st and draw up a loop. Insert hook into next st and draw up a loop. Yarn over, draw through all 3 loops on hook.
1. Heel begins by working over 20 sts – one half of the total sts of the leg. These are the heel sts. The remaining 20 sts are the leg sts. You will work on the leg sts again later.
2. In Rows 2 and 3 of heel shaping, you will leave 6 sts unworked at the end of each row.
3. On Row 4 of the heel shaping, you will work across the same 8 sts worked on Row 3, then sc into the next sc of the row below (this is one of the 6 sts left unworked in Rows 2 and 3). This will add one st to the heel for a total of 9 sts for the heel.
4. Continue to repeat Row 4, adding one st at the end of each row by working 1 of the unworked sts in the row below until you have 20 heel sts.
5. Your piece will be a long tube for the cuff and leg, the heel will look like a small cup extending from the leg tube.
6. Work continues in the round for the foot.
7. On Rnd 1 of the foot, you will work over the 20 sts of the heel, then sc into the ends of the rows (the side edge of the heel tab), work the 20 leg sts, and sc into the ends of the rows (on the other side edge of the heel), to prepare to work in the round again.
With A, ch 40; taking care not to twist ch, join with sl st in first ch to form a ring.
Rnd 1: Ch 1, sc in each ch around; do not join – 40 sc. Place marker for beginning of rnd. Move marker up as each rnd is worked.
Rnd 2: Sc in each sc around.
Rep Rnd 2 until piece measures 4 1/2 in. (11.5) cm from beg; sl st in next sc and fasten off.
Join B in same st as join.
Rnd 1: Sc in each sc around; do not join.
Rep Rnd 1 until piece measures 14 in. (35.5) cm from beg. Do not fasten off.
Row 1: Ch 1, turn, sc in first 20 sts (for heel); leave remaining sts unworked.
Row 2: Ch 1, turn, sc in first 14 sts; leave remaining sts unworked.
Row 3: Ch 1, turn, sc in first 8 sts; leave remaining sts unworked.
Row 4: Ch 1, turn, sc in each st across, sc in next sc in row below – 9 sc.
Rep Row 4 until all 20 heel sts have been worked. Do not fasten off.
Rnd 1: Ch 1, turn, sc in the 20 sts of heel; sl st in side of heel; sc in next 20 unworked sts of leg; sl st in other side of heel; do not join. Place marker for beg of rnd. Move marker up as each rnd is completed.
Rnd 2: Sc in next 20 sts, sk next sl st, sc2tog, sc in next 16 sts, sc2tog, sk last sl st – 38 sts.
Rnd 3: Sc in each st around.
Rep Rnd 3 until foot measures 4 in. (10) cm measured from end of heel shaping. Do not fasten off.
Remove the beg rnd marker. Flatten Stocking and place a marker in the st at center top and in the st at center bottom of foot.
*Sc in each sc to 2 sts before next stitch marker, (sc2tog) twice; rep from * until 8 sts remain; sl st in next sc. Fasten off leaving a long tail. Weave the tail through last 8 sts and pull tightly together. Fasten off.
Join B with sl st at inside back of Stocking, just below top edge of cuff. Ch 12, sl st in same st as join. Fasten off. Weave in ends. Fold cuff to right side.
beg = beginning
ch = chain
rep = repeat
rnd(s) = round(s)
sc = single crochet
sk = skip
sl st = slip stitch
st(s) = stitch(es)
Every effort has been made to produce accurate and complete instructions. We cannot be responsible for variance of individual knitters or crocheters, human error, or typographical mistakes.