Liquitex® Heavy Body Acrylics
Since developing the first water based artist acrylic products in 1955, Liquitex has always been concerned with the needs of the professional artist. All Liquitex products are formulated by a unique team of chemists and artists: chemists with a wide array of skills in resin technologies and artists who help us to stay focused on the working properties. This allows us to make the most versatile ranges of intense highly loaded, permanent colors possible.
Liquitex produces several uniquely different ranges of professional color to suit the needs of artists. That in mind , range specific handling characteristics are established so that every Liquitex paint feels just right-never too sticky or slippery. The low-odor acrylic resin base represents the latest in acrylic resin technology, offering increased open time and producing colors of great clarity with very low wet-to-dry value shift. The paint films are highly flexible, durable, non-yellowing, UV resistant, water-resistant and pH neutral when dry. All Liquitex Professional Colors can be intermixed with each other as well as all Liquitex Mediums.
- Little to no perceptible wet-to-dry color shift
- Wide range of intense, permanent pigments
- Each color is uniquely formulated to bring out the maximum brilliance and clarity of each individual pigment
- All colors are formulated to dry within a tight satin sheen range
- Suitable for indoor and outside applications
- Water soluble when wet, dries quickly to a water-resistant surface
- No chemical drying action to prolong painting and varnishing procedure
- Excellent adhesion to most painting surfaces; wood, leather, canvas, silk, plastic, mural applications, metal, paper, etc.
- Chemically alkaline when wet and therefore compatible with common mural grounds such as concrete, plaster, cement, concrete block or any masonry surface
- No toxic solvents or cleaners necessary
- Resistant to ultra-violet light, will not yellow or get brittle over time
- Outstanding color clarity and brilliance for superb color mixing
- Extra thick body with high surface drag (rheology), comparable to fine oils
- Superior shape retention: holds super high peaks, knife marks and brush strokes
- Flexible when dry, allowing built-up surfaces to remain