Live the Life Page
The key to this look is inking the edges of your pages with Tim Holtz® Distress Inks to get that darker, time-worn look.
Designed by Debi Adams, courtesy of the Sizzix Design Team.
- Sizzix® Big Shot Machine
- Sizzix® Bigz™ Dies - Tattered Florals, Tattered Leaves, Bird Branch and Caged Bird by Tim Holtz®
- Sizzix® Movers & Shapers by Tim Holtz® Die - Ornamental Cardstock - Ivory
- Ranger Distress Paper Core'dinations Collection - Peeled Paint, Tumbled Glass and Vintage Photo
- Idea-ology® Paper Stash - French Industrial and Collage
- Inkssentials™ Ink Blending Tool
- Mini Mister Filled with Water
- Distress Crackle Paint - Clear Rock Candy
- Tim Holtz® Distress Ink - Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Rusty Hinge, Peeled Paint and Black Soot
- Distress Markers Set - Memories Past and Country Fair
- Tim Holtz® Idea-ology® Stamps - The Journey
- Tim Holtz® Idea-ology® - Game Spinners, Grunge Paper, Hinge Clips, Metal Corners, Muse Tokens, Sprocket Gears, Swivel Clasps, Timepieces, Trinket Pins, Word Bands
- Heat Tool
- Low Heat Glue Gun
Step 1 Use a piece of ivory cardstock for your page background. Use spray mister filled with distress ink and water to lightly mist page. Embellish edges with vintage photo ink using blending tool.
Step 2 Embellish doily with vintage photo ink using blending tool. Embellish area below doily with peeled paint ink. Adhere doily to page.
Step 3 Trim patterned paper to 5"x11" and adhere to page.
Step 4 Die-cut Bird Cage from grunge board. Embellish with distress ink. Dry with a heat tool. Apply a coat of distress crackle paint and allow to dry. Attach swivel clasp and token to Bird Cage. Attach brads and game spinners to clock and adhere to page. Adhere Bird Cage to page.
Step 5 Frame and mat photo with vintage photo paper. Embellish with black soot ink. Then adhere to larger mat on black soot cardstock. Attach metal corners to mat and adhere to page.
Step 6 Stamp sentiment using vintage photo ink and mat in peeled paint cardstock.
Step 7 To make stand-up card, cut a piece of ivory cardstock 4½"x11" long and fold in half lengthwise. Then fold ONE side in half again toward center fold. Die-cut Ornamental die from cardstock. Cut Ornamental image in half lengthwise and discard one side. Adhere two trinket pins to the Ornamental piece. Insert paper string through word bands. Use glue to adhere bands to pins and tie string off on back. Adhere Ornamental piece to the bottom of the inside of the card that has not been folded. This will allow the folded section of the card to rest behind the line of the strip of paper.
Step 8 Use walnut ink pad directly onto the male side of the Wood Texture Fades folder. Insert wheat-colored paper, cut to size, into folder and run through machine. Apply Rusty Hinge ink to raised sections of wood thoroughly. Apply Vintage Photo ink to edges of design and a small section of center-area of wood. Add a few touches of Walnut Stain ink to image. Mist lightly with water. Dry with heat tool.
Step 9 Attach wood embossed piece to bottom half section of folded card only. Card should be able to open, close and stand up.
Step 10 Die-cut flowers, branches and leaves from core’dinations Distressed Collection cardstock. Use blending tool to apply distress ink to edges of Flowers and Leaves. Use black soot on branches. Use ink pen to add smaller details. Attach to page using adhesive and Pop-Dots™.
Step 11 Cut out butterflies from patterned paper. Embellish with distress pens and attach to page.
Step 12 Attach sentiment to page using Pop-Dots™.