Love Letter Box
- Book Box
- Liquitex® Gesso - Black
- Scrapbook Paper - Design of Choice
- DecoArt® One Step Crackle™
- Golden Artist Colors® Retarder
- Liquitex® Soft Body Acrylic Paint - Transparent Burnt Umber, Cobalt Teal, Pyrolle Red, Pyrolle Crimson, Titanium White & Yellow Orange
- Liquitex® Gel, Medium
- Liquitex® Modeling Paste
- Stencil - Alphabet
- Lara's Crafts® Wood Dowel Cap, 1" with 1/2" Hole
- Lara's Crafts® Wood Doll Head, 1 1/2"
- Recycled Cardboard
- Palette Knife
- Stencil Brush
- Pattern Printed from www.michaels.com
Paint outside of box with Black gesso. Let dry.
Using gel medium, collage paper onto box.
Stencil letters over the front cover of book using a stencil brush and Transparent Burnt Umber paint.
Using a palette knife and Liquitex® Modeling Paste, form your heart onto the front of the book. Let dry.
Paint heart with Black gesso. Let dry.
Using retarder and Pyrolle Crimson, apply a thin coat over black heart. Let dry for about ten minutes.
Drag dry brush loaded with Pyrolle Red across the texture of the heart until desired coverage is reached.
Paint the edges of the book with Cobalt Teal. While wet, "scratch" desired words into the paint with a stylus.
Print and cut out wing pattern. Trace onto cardboard and cut out. Using gel medium, glue into place.
With a dry brush, drag white paint across the texture of the cardboard.
Paint dowel caps. When dry, glue to wooden doll heads, as shown, using gel medium. Let dry.
Glue the wooden legs to the bottom of book using gel medium. Let dry.