Lovebug Pencil Tote
Make this cute Lovebug wood tote box to store markers, crayons or pencils. It’s a perfect companion to our other Lovebug painted accessories.
Designed by Jean Kievlan courtesy of DecoArt® Americana®.
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paint – Snow White, Pistachio Mint, Ebony Black, Wisteria, Baby Pink, Lavender
- Unfinished Wood Mini Tote Box with Handle
- Paintbrushes – 3/4” Flat, #4 Shader, #1 and #3 Round
- Woodsies® Wood – Small Teardrops (2) and Small Circles (6)
- Graphite Paper
- Transparent Tape
- Craft Glue – White
- Pattern (download button below)
Print out the pattern.
Base coat the front of tote Snow White. Paint the remainder of the tote Wisteria.
Use the #3 brush to paint a wavy line 3/8" from the Snow White edges of the tote.
Use graphite paper to transfer the Lovebug pattern to the front of the tote.
Paint the underbody and antennae Baby Pink, wings of body Lavender, and head Pistachio Mint.
Paint Baby Pink cheeks. Using brush handle add Baby Pink dots to body.
Using the tip of the #1 round brush, dot eyes and paint mouth Ebony Black.
Add Lavender dots to the Wisteria border on the front of the box.
Paint five small circles Baby Pink and one small circle Lavender. Paint two small teardrops Pistachio Mint.
Glue the Baby Pink and Lavender circles on the box handle, as shown in photo. Glue teardrop leaves near flower.