Courtesy of Wilton Industries, Inc.
- Wilton 6 X 3 Inch Decorator Preferred Pan
- Wilton 10 X 3 Inch Round Pan
- Wilton 5-Piece Bevel Pan Set (10 inch, 14 inch used)
- Witon Decorating Tips, No. 2
- Witon Decorating Tips, No. 3
- Witon Decorating Tips, No. 7
- Wilton Icing Color, Moss Green
- Wilton From This Day Forward Ornament
- Wilton Buttercream Icing Recipe
- Wilton Royal Icing Recipe
- Wilton Crystal Clear Cake Divider Set (6 inch plate used)
- Wilton Crystal Clear Twist Legs, 4
- Wilton 14 Inch Decorator Preferred Separator Plate
- Wilton Candlelight Cake Stand
- Wilton Ribbons/Rings Taper Candle Set
- Wilton Cake Boards
- Wilton Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Wilton Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant, 3 packages
- Wilton Easy-Glide Fondant Smoothers
- Wilton Confectionery Tool Set
- Wilton Floral Collection Flower Making Set
- Wilton Gum Paste Mix
- Wilton Meringue Powder
- Wilton Wooden Dowel Rods
- Small artist's brush
- Foam squares
- Glass bowls
- Votive candles
In advance, make approximately 100 gum paste flowers: Prepare Gum Paste Mix and roll out 1/8 inch thick; cut flowers using pansy cutter from Floral Collection Set.
Place each flower on small foam square and soften edges of petals using dog bone tool from Confectionery Tool Set. Next, place each flower on large foam squares and form a cup shape by pressing center with ball tool from Confectionery Tool Set. Let dry. Add tip 3 dot centers in royal icing.
Bake and cool cakes and prepare for stacked and pillar construction. Position bevel bottom cake on double-thick 15 inch round foil-wrapped boards (Cut 16 inch boards to 15 inch diameter).
Position 10 inch cake on 10 inch board and position bevel top. Prepare cakes for rolled fondant by lightly icing in buttercream.
Cover cakes with rolled fondant; smooth with Easy-Glide Smoothers.
Using large rose leaf cutter from Floral Collection Set, imprint designs on bottom tier. Using large and small rose leaf cutters, imprint designs on top tier.
Outline leaf imprints with tip 2 in royal icing, and immediately apply brush embroidery technique.
Pipe tip 3 curving line to connect leaves on bottom bevel tier and attach flowers using royal icing. Pipe tip 7 bead bottom borders in buttercream.
At reception: Position cake on stand, add taper candles, fresh flowers and votives in glass bowls. Position ornament.
TipsThis cake serves 57. The top tier of a wedding cake is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the top tier.
Always place a separator plate on the
cake before you position any figurine or ornament. This protects both the cake and your keepsake. For extra stability, secure your ornament to the plate with tacky craft tape.
See the current edition of the Wilton Yearbook for Cake Decorating for decorating techniques, cake construction methods, and information about products.