Lucky You Candy Jar
Surprise someone this St. Patrick's Day with this fun, easy to make candy jar filled with their favorite treats!
Designed by the Sizzix® Design Team.
- Sizzix® Bigkick Machine
- Sizzix® Sizzlits® Dies – Decorative Frames, Floral Botanicals and Wingo Zingo™
- Recollections™ Cardstock – Green
- Bazzill® Basics Cardstock – Avalanche
- Xyron® Adhesive
- Blumenthal Lansing Favorite Findings Buttons
- Party Sweets Candy
- DMC® Embroidery Floss – White
- Ashland™ Glass Apothecary Jar, 4"
- Art-C™ Glitter
- Low Heat Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Celebrate It® Sheer Ribbon, 5/8" – White
- Celebrate It® Sheer Ribbon, 1/8" – Green
Die-cut frame out of white cardstock and set aside.
Die-cut three flowers out of green cardstock.
Slightly fold each flower to create dimension and adhere together with hot glue.
Thread white button with green embroidery floss and adhere to the center of the flower using hot glue.
Create a long tag by cutting a 1"x4" rectangle out of white cardstock.
Apply Xyron® adhesive to both sides of a piece of green cardstock.
Die-cut letters out of adhesive green cardstock.
Peel away the backing of each letter and adhere to the tag.
Peel away the front of each letter to expose the adhesive and cover the letters with green glitter. Brush off excessive glitter.
Punch a small hole in the top of the tag and string 6" of white embroidery floss in the hole to create a hanger.
Use 18" of green satin ribbon to create a bow with multiple loops and tie to the top of a clear glass jar.
Tie an 8" piece of sheer white ribbon to the top of the jar, trimming the ends as needed.
Use hot glue to adhere the green flower to the center of the bow.
Snip a slit in the white frame and wrap it around the back of the flower, securing it with hot glue.
Tie the tag around the flower.
Fill jar with gold wrapped candy.