Mason Jar Lanterns
Light up the night with mason jars.
Designed by: Kelsey McLean
- Mason Jar(s) – Clear
- Wilton® Icing Coloring – Lemon Yellow
- Mod Podge®
- ArtMinds™ Foam Brush, 1"
- Ashland™ Decorative Wire, 12ga – Silver
- Ashland™ Wire Cutters, Mini
- Ashland™ Needle Nose Pliers, Mini
- Ashland™ Burlap Roll, 5"x10 Yds
- Bead Landing™ Charm – Metal Leaf
- Darice® Self Stick Gems – Clear
- Flower Embellishment – White Chiffon
In a bowl, combine Mod Podge® and icing coloring, using more or less coloring depending on desired shade.
Apply to the outside of your Mason jar with foam brush. Let dry completely. Add another coat if you would like your jar to be less transparent.
To make the wire handle, start by cutting out a 24" piece of wire. Fold in half.
Wrap open ends around jar.
Twist remaining wire together, creating handle.
Bring wire ends together at one side and twist closed.
Add embellishments to lantern by adding stickers, burlap or jewelry.