Display all your precious keepsakes in this pretty memorabilia box.
Designed by Craft Marketing Connections, Inc. courtesy of Elmer's.
- (2) Elmer's® Foam Board™, White, 20" x 30" x 1/2"
- X-ACTO® #1 Knife with extra blades
- Elmer's® CraftBond™ Extra Strength Glue Stick
- 12" x 12" scrapbook papers: (3) green print; (3) floral print; (2) word print; (4) checkered brown print
- (Suggestion: Add 1 extra of each sheet for any cutting corrections)
- 3 1/4 yds. of 1/2" wide cotton twill ribbon, caramel
- Antiques and memorabilia such as old photos, cards, letters, eyeglasses, lace, writing instruments, china, etc.
- Low Heat Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Cutting Mat
- (2) Large Paper Clips (optional)
Use pencil and ruler to lightly draw cutting lines and mark pieces on Elmer's® Foam Board™: Back, 15" x 19"; Top and Bottom (2) 6" x 20"; Side Walls (2) 6" x 15"; Dividers: 5 1/2" x 7 3/4"; 5 1/2" x 10 3/4"; and 5 1/2" x 15". Use X-ACTO® #1 Craft Knife (with new blade), cutting mat and ruler to cut Foam Board™ pieces. (Hint: Score lightly first and then press more firmly to cut deeper, with several passes of the knife. Replace blades often.)
Use T-pins to temporarily assemble box. Check for fit. Lightly mark all five surfaces in each compartment as to which paper will be used to cover. Also draw line on all Foam Board™ pieces where two different papers meet.
Measure papers for each compartment and use X-ACTO® Knife, cutting mat and ruler to cut, piecing papers as necessary. Check for fit. Carefully remove T-pins and use Elmer's® CraftBond™ Extra Strength Glue Stick to attach papers to Foam Board™. For outside of box, measure, cut and glue brown paper to fit, noting that back of box is not covered.
Place Back horizontally and flat on table. Apply hot gun to foam edge of one short side of Back and quickly press one Side against Back edge, aligning carefully. Repeat with other Side. Similarly, glue Bottom and Top, overlapping edges of Sides and Back. Glue back edge of Vertical Divider, then back edge of Horizontal Dividers in place, according to paper seams. Set aside to dry.
Use Glue Stick to attach ribbon to all cut edges of Foam Board™, visible from front and sides. Trim as necessary.
Box can be displayed on table or hung. To make hanger on back, measure 3” down from top and 4" in from each end. Use X-ACTO® Knife to make 1/4" long horizontal slit. Slightly separate curved ends of paper clips 1/4". Insert shorter rounded end up into slit, creating hanger loops with longer end of paper clips. (Hot glue if loose.)
Arrange memorabilia in box and display on table or wall.