Mixed Media Pear Lady
Get inspired using a variety of embellishments to create this mixed media pear lady from paper maché and pieces of your favorite scrapbook paper.
Designed by the Michaels Design Studio.
- Paper Mache – Pear
- Scrapbook Paper of Choice
- One-Step Crackle
- Acrylic Paint – Burnt Umber, Flesh, White and Pyrole Crimson
- Simplicity® Trim – Lace with Pearls and Chiffon Ruffle
- Tacky Tape – ¼”
- Low Heat Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Doll Head/Knob
- Tim Holtz® Accoutrements – Buttons
- Tim Holtz® Adornments – Wings
- Making Memories® Chain
- Alcohol Ink – Butterscotch (Nature Walk)
- Gel Medium
Tear paper in small pieces and adhere to the paper mache pear using gel medium. Let dry.
Apply One-Step Crackle all over the pear and let dry.
Mix Burnt Umber paint with water to make a wash and brush or rub it over the crackle.
Paint face and hair on the wood bead.
When dry, snip about half of the stem off the pear. Fill the hole in the bead with hot glue and insert it over the stem on the top of the pear.
Wrap lace around neck using tape. Wrap chiffon ruffle around middle, adhering using tacky tape.
Poke two small holes on the bottom of the pear for the legs. Put a bit of hot glue in each hole and insert half of the chain into each hole.
Glue on buttons, crown and wings using hot glue.