MOM Spring Letters
Show Mom some love by creating these colorful wooden letters and adding a beautiful leaf pattern.
Designed by Sherrie Ragsdale courtesy of the Plaid Creative Team.
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Acrylic Craft Paint, Satin – Hailstorm, Wedding Cake, Granny Smith and Marmalade
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Acrylic Craft Paint, Glitter – Limeade
- Wooden Letters, Large – M (2) and O
- Paintbrushes – #1 Round and #6 Flat
- Transfer Paper
- Pattern (download button below)
Base coat letters with Wedding Cake. Allow to dry.
Tape off 5½" from the top of each letter. Transfer the leaf pattern (download button below) to the top half of each letter, repeating the pattern as needed. Using a #1 round brush and a #6 flat brush, paint leaves as follows: one M with Hailstorm, O with Marmalade and the second M with Granny Smith. Allow to dry. Remove tape and fill in the bottom portion of the letters using the same colors as the leaves.
Transfer the flower pattern to the M with Hailstorm leaves. Paint the flower in Marmalade. Allow to dry and then add a large Granny Smith center. When dry, add the Limeade glitter paint. Once the glitter paint dries, add a Wedding Cake circle and then add four small Hailstorm dots by using the end of the paintbrush. Add Wedding Cake dots to the flower.