- Demis Unfinished Wood Plaques: 3” X 5” Oval and 5” X 7” Rectangle
- Decoart Americana Acrylic Paint- Lamp Black
- Decoart Dazzling Metallics Acrylic Paint- Shimmering Silver
- Decoart Multi-Purpose Sealer
- 1/4”And ½” Wide Flat Brushes
- Foam Plate for Paint and Glue
- Small Flat or Round Brush for Letters
- Craft Knife
- Scrapbooking Paper - We Used Deja Views Faded Paisley and Paisley Vine
- Aleene’s Quick-Dry Tacky Glue
- Lo-Temp Glue Gun
- Letter Patterns (Can Be Cut from Publication or Printed Off Computer - Letter for Last Name is 2” High, Letters for First Names are 1”)
Use Lamp Black to paint side of rectangle plaque; paint lower side of oval plaque. Let dry.
Use Shimmering Silver to paint upper side of oval plaque; let dry.
Apply a light coat of sealer to painted areas of plaques; let dry.
Measure tops of plaques; cut paper for each plaque approximately 1” larger than measurements. Apply a thin even coat of tacky glue to top of each plaque; center and attach paper piece to tops of plaques, smoothing flat. Press face down on surface and press lightly from back to remove any air bubbles. Let dry
Lay plaques paper side down on protected surface and use sharp craft knife to trim paper to edge of plaque.
Scribble pencil lead on back of letter pattern to cover back of letter completely and trace around outline of letters from front of paper to transfer to center of oval plaque surface.
Use Lamp Black to fill in letter outlines; let dry.
Apply a light coat of sealer over plaques, using hair dryer to speed drying and avoid paper wrinkling.
Use lo-temp glue to glue back of oval plaque over center of rectangle plaque.