Create this stylish mosaic box for yourself or to give as a gift. This project would make a great Father’s Day gift and is easy enough for kids to make.
Designed by Jean Kievlan for Mark Richards Enterprises.
- Unfinished Wood Box
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paint - Tuscan Red
- DecoArt® Multi-Purpose Sealer™
- Mark Richards Enterprises:
- Crystal Stickers® 15mm Gold Mosaic
- Crystal Stickers® 15mm Cream Mosaic
- Crystal Stickers® 15mm Ruby Mosaic
- Crystal Stickers® 10mm Gold Mosaic
- Crystal Stickers® 10mm Cream Mosaic
- Crystal Stickers® 10mm Ruby Mosaic
- Crystal Stickers® 5mm Gold Mosaic
- Crystal Stickers® 5mm Cream Mosaic
- Fine Grit Sanding Sponge
- 1" Sponge Brush
- Clean Cloth or Rag
Seal box with DecoArt® Multi-Purpose Sealer™.
When dry, sand box with a fine grit sanding sponge. Wipe away sanding dust with a soft cloth.
Paint box with Americana® Tuscan Red.
Let paint dry thoroughly. Apply a second coat of paint if needed.
Apply single 5mm Gold mosiac squares around edge of box lid. To separate mosaics into individual squares, remove tile strip from carrier sheet, then twist mosiac to break apart from strip.
Apply a single 10mm Cream mosiac square at each corner of the lid. Apply a 5mm Gold mosiac square at each corner of the Cream square (refer to photo for placement).
For the interior recessed area of the box lid, apply a row of 15mm Gold squares around the interior edges.
To remaining center area, apply five 15mm Cream squares and four 15mm Ruby squares. (refer to photo for placement).
Apply 10mm Ruby and Cream squares on top of the 15mm Gold mosaic squares, alternating the two colors.
To Cream squares at center of design, apply 10mm Gold squares (refer to photo for placement).
Apply 5mm Cream squares to remaining 15mm Ruby squares.