Mother's Day Floral Chores
- Construction Paper
- Craft Smart® All Purpose Glue
- Hole Punch
- Recollections™ Brads
- Velcro Dots
- Creatology™ Chenille Stem - Green
- Crayola® Markers
- Fine Motor
- Cut light blue construction paper ¼-inch smaller than dark blue paper and glue together.
- Cut 18 flowers from assorted colors of paper. Punch 6 circles from yellow paper. Glue to the centers of 6 flowers.
- Using patterns provided, trace vase from orange paper and band around vase from white. Cut out and glue together. Personalize by writing Happy Mother's Day on the white band.
- Glue outer edges of vase to bottom center of paper. Glue 6 flowers as if they are blooming out of the vase. Punch 6 more yellow circles and glue to centers of these flowers.
- Place 2 flowers together, punch hole at one petal and place brad thru to hold together. Place Velcro dot on flowers that are flat on the page and on the back of the sandwiched flowers—now you can put your posies together and remove them easily.
- Remove the posies and write your special gift action to mom on the inside of the flower. Replace on Velcro.
- Glue pieces of chenille stem from each flower into the vase, cutting to appropriate size. Cut small leaves and glue beside stems.
TipsIdeas for special gift actions: breakfast in bed, wash the dishes, one big hug and kiss, sweep the floor, take out the trash or simply cuddle next to mom.
Craft NotesPre-cut flowers for younger kids if necessary.
Adult supervision recommended at all times.