Mother's Day Butterfly Card
Make the most out of each piece of paper with this fabulous little card! Perfect to show the special mothers in your life just how much you love them.
Designed by Celeste Crockett courtesy of DCWV®.
- DCWV® Paper Pad – The Countdown Stack™
- Cardstock – White (2½"x2½")
- Rhinestones or Other Adhesive Embellishments
- Ink Pad – Green
- Craft Punches – 2" Circle and Butterfly
- Paper Crafting Adhesive
- Pattern (download button below)
Print and cut out the template (download button below).
Select two prints from The Countdown Stack™ by DCWV®. Cut one to 8"x5½" and fold it in half to make a 4"x5½" card. Ink along the edges of the card with the green ink pad.
Trace the scallop template onto the back of the second print; cut out. Ink along all sides of scalloped piece and adhere the straight edge along the fold of the card, leaving the rest of the piece loose.
Punch a 2" circle from your white cardstock piece; ink around the edges of the circle and adhere to the top of the scalloped piece, centering between top and bottom and leaving a small piece to hang off the side (see image as a reference). Trim the excess, and ink the newly created straight edge.
Punch out a butterfly from the first print. Ink around the edges and adhere the middle section to the middle of your circle.
Embellish your card with rhinestones, letters, or saying stickers.
• Change up the look of the card by using more solids with your prints.
• In addition to the embellishments shown, use alpha letters or other embellishments to add more detail to your card.