Mother's Day Trunk
Create this festive trunk for Mom to hold all her special treasures.
Designed by Kate Gribbon.
- Unfinished Wood Trunk, Small
- Decoupage Glue
- Paintbrushes – Narrow and Wide Tip
- Scrapbook Paper or Paper Clipping with Sentimental Phrase
- Phillips Screwdriver, Small
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Craft Paint, Satin – Chamomile, Goji Berry and Surf
For best results remove hinges and latch of trunk with screwdriver.
Paint base coat of Goji Berry paint over the trunk. Let dry.
Paint blue dots on outside of indentation on top and front of trunk. Let dry.
Paint Chamomile stripes on the in side of the indentations. Let dry.
Paint Chamomile tiara on front of trunk. Let dry.
Paint inside of trunk with Surf paint. Let dry.
Print out, or cut phrase out of desired magazine and prepare to glue.
Glue phrase to inside top of the trunk with decoupage glue. Let dry.
Paint thin stripe around the outside of the phrase. Let dry.
Re-attach hinges and latch.