Mix it up. Ler her know she's the sweetest
with yummy cupcakes.
Find a project to match your creativity.
Be sure to share it at facebook.com/michaels
Love From Scratch.
Share your appreciation for Mom with these easy-to-create cupcakes.
20 minutes plus baking time
- Cake Mix
- Cupcake Pan
- Ingredients Needed for Cake Mix
- Wilton® Frosting - White
- Wilton® Cupcake Liners - White
- Wilton® Sprinkles - Spring Nonpareils
- Bake cupcakes as directed on package in Wilton® White Cupcake Liners. Let cool.
- Frost with Wilton® white frosting.
- Sprinkle top of cupcake with Spring Nonpareils sprinkles.
Show Mom your love with a treat as sweet as she is.
45 minutes plus baking time
- 2 bags White Candy Melts®
- Candy Clay Recipe (see michaels.com)
- Buttercream icing
- confectioners' sugar
- Fresh mint leaves
- 7 x 11 in. Sheet Pan
- Tip: 16
- Comfort Grip™ Round Cookie Cutter
- Cooling Grid
- Cake Board
- Cake Dividing Set
- Several days in advance, make a handle for each basket: Prepare Candy Clay recipe (see michaels.com). Roll candy clay into 1/4 in. diameter logs and cut two 8 in. lengths for each cake.
- Bake and cool 2 in. high cake. Cut out cake pieces using round cutter.
- Place pieces on cooling grid over drip pan; pour melted candy over pieces to completely cover. Refrigerate until firm.
- Using dividing set, divide each cake into 16ths and pipe a row of tip 16 shells at each division mark.
- Trim ends of handle so that they are flat and attach to basket with melted candy. Position berries and mint leaves.
Take The Cake.
Show Mom she takes the cake with these stylish cupcakes.
60+ minutes plus baking time
- White Candy Melts® Candy
- Violet Icing Color
- Rose Icing Color
- Kelly Green Icing Color
- 48 ounces Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- 24 ounces Ready-to-Use Pastel Green Rolled Fondant
- Green Brush-On Color™
- Buttercream icing
- 6 x 2 in. Square Pan
- 10 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Flower Cut-Outs™
- Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Color Tray
- Brush Set
- Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Rolling Pin
- Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Fondant Shaping Foam Set
- Wooden Dowel Rod
- Confectionery Tool Set
- Hidden Pillars
- 13 x 19 in. Cake Board
- Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Candy Melting Plate
- 50 pieces 22-gauge florist wire (8 in. long needed)
- Florist tape
- Pizza cutter or knife
- Craft block
- Two days in advance: Make fondant bow. Tint 18 oz. white fondant violet with a little rose; knead in 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. For loops, cut two 41/2 x 1 in. strips, let dry following instructions. For bow center, cut a 21/4 x 1/2 in. strip. Form a loop, brushing ends with water to attach; let dry. Attach center to loops with melted candy. Set aside.
- One day in advance: Make fondant flowers and dark green leaves for bouquet. Combine 19 oz. of pastel green with 6 oz. of white fondant to make light green used for 10 in. cake. Tint 5 oz. of this mixture dark green using Kelly Green icing color and knead in 1/2 teaspoon of Gum-Tex.
- Prepare 1-layer 10 in. cake and 3-layer 6 in. cake (bake two 2 in. layers and one 1 in. layer to create a 5 in. high cake) for stacked construction. Prepare cakes for fondant; cover and smooth with Easy-Glide Smoother.
- For top cake, trim hidden pillar to 5 in. and insert into cake. Roll a 1/4 in. diameter log and attach around edge of pillar opening with damp brush. Roll out violet fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut 2 medium and 4 small flowers for each side of 6 in. cake using Cut-Outs. Roll small white fondant balls for centers and attach with damp brush. Attach flowers to cake with damp brush. Using Brush-On Color and round brush, paint stems, leaves and grass.
- For bottom cake, roll out violet fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut 3/4 in. wide strips for bottom border; attach with damp brush, blending ends together. Cut two 4 in. long streamers, cut V-shapes in ends and attach with damp brush. Attach bow over streamers with melted candy. Insert a 1 in. ball of fondant in pillars to stabilize wired flowers. Insert flowers and leaves on wires in opening.