My "Pet" Rock
- Crayola® Washable Poster and Craft Paint Tube - Red
- Craft Smart® Paint Brush
- Disposable Plate for Paint Palette
- Creatology™ Wiggle Eyes
- Craft Smart® All Purpose Glue
- Crayola® Markers
- Creatology™ Pom Poms
- Foam Stickers - Shapes of Choice
- Blunt Scissors
- Crayola® Washable Poster and Craft Paint Tube - Blue
- Crayola® Washable Poster and Craft Paint Tube - Green
- Fine Motor
- Paint the rock as desired and let dry.
- Decorate the rock with embellishments as desired.
- Make the card using cardstock and markers. Glue the rock to the card as shown.
Craft NotesAdult supervision required at all times.
BackgroundA basic need is something that every living thing requires. The basic needs of all living things include water, food, shelter, air and space. Without these basic needs, living things will not survive. In addition to providing the basic needs, it is also important to provide love and attention, especially when caring for pets. Ask students to bring in a rock. Using a variety of craft materials, students will create and construct their very own pet. Once decorated, have students write a" pet information card" that indicates important information about the pet regarding its basic needs. Provide each student with a pre-written information card on which they will fill in the blank:
Hi! I am ______'s new pet rock.
My name is _________
My favorite foods are ________
I live __________
I like __________
I don't like _________Please take good care of me!