My Chore Chart
Help keep your child on track with this convenient chore chart.
Designed by Craft Marketing Connections, Inc. courtesy of Elmer's.
- Elmer's® Foam Board™, Sky Blue, 20" x 30" x 3/16"
- Elmer's® X-ACTO® Gripster® Knife (and new blade)
- Elmer's® X-ACTO® Self-Healing Cutting Mat
- Sheet foam, 12" x 18": black, lime green, purple, yellow, orange and red – Fun Foam by Creatology™
- 12" length of 3/8" wide ribbon, light blue
- (45 sets) 5/8" diameter white, self-adhesive Velcro® dots
- (35) 1 3/8" diameter buttons, misc. colors
- Adhesive-backed foam letters to spell "MY CHORE CHART!"
- 12" x 3/8" wide ribbon, any color (for hanger loops on back)
- Acrylic ruler
- Yard stick and ruler (to measure and mark rows)
- Black permanent, fine-line marker
- Photo of child (2 1/4" x 3")
Use scissors to cut foam as follows: black 3" x 17" (title); lime green 3" x 3 1/2" (photo), 1 1/2" x 5" (chore), (7) 1" squares (days of week); other colors, each 1 1/2 x 5". Use Elmer's® Craft Bond™ Glue Stick to glue black strip to top center of chart. Attach foam letters to spell "MY CHORE CHART!". Use Glue Stick to glue photo onto lime green foam and glue to chart below title strip.
Parent or child can use black marker to print letters for days of week on 1" lime green squares and glue under title strip. Print chores on colored strips, making as many as desired. (Note bottom of board can be trimmed later, based on length needed for chore strips.) Place chore strips down left side of chart, spacing approx. 2" apart. Attach each to chart with two adhesive-backed Velcro dots. Use yardstick and ruler to measure and mark places for Velcro dots (where buttons will go), leaving approx. 1 3/8" between dots in horizontal rows and vertically space rows approx. 2" apart. Attach adhesive-backed loop side of Velcro dots to chart as marked.
Use an Elmer's® X-ACTO® Knife (with new blade) and acrylic ruler on Elmer's® Cutting Mat to trim Foam Board™ chart after all chores and dots have been determined. (Hint: Score lightly first and then press more firmly to cut deeper, with several passes of the knife. Replace blades often.)
For hanger loop, overlap ends of a 6" length of ribbon and use Elmer's® Craft Bond™Tacky Glue to glue to top left back of board. Similarly, make and glue loop for top right back of board. Let dry before hanging.
Attach other side of Velcro dots to back of buttons. Store unused buttons in small box or plastic bag near chart.