Scribbles 'N Nibbles Lunchbox
Ideal for games and notes from Mom, this easy project makes lunchtime and car trips fun!
Designed by Becky Durdak, courtesy of Krylon®.
- Krylon® Chalkboard Paint - Green
- Plastic or Metal Lunchbox
- Felt Eraser
- Permanent Marker
- Masking Tape
- Sandpaper, 400 Grit or Fine Steel Wool
Remove any stickers from the lunchbox that may be on the area to be painted. Lightly sand front area of lunchbox that will be sprayed. If this area is painted, you need only to scuff the surface to remove any gloss. Wipe with tack cloth to remove any dust.
Mask the surrounding area to protect from overspray. Apply 2-3 light coats of Chalkboard paint. Carefully remove masking tape. Let dry for 24 hrs.
Prep chalkboard surface by applying calcium carbonate chalk. Use the long side of the chalk and make sure the entire area is covered. Erase.
With permanent markers, apply names or decorations surrounding the surface.
- Spray a small square area on the thermos and mark it Soup of the Day.
- Make several more boxes to store crayons, sidewalk chalk, small toys and games.
- For long car trips, create an activity box and store chalk (for tic-tac-toe), paper, crayons, flash cards and other items to keep the kids entertained.