Nature Wall Panels
Bring nature inside with these easy-to-make wall panels.
Designed by Craft Marketing Connections, Inc. courtesy of Elmer's.
- Elmer's® Foam Board, Black on Black, 20" x 30" x 1/2", two sheets
- Elmer's® CraftBond™ Dot Runner - permanent
- Elmer's® CraftBond™ Quick Dry Glue Dualtip Pen
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 12" x 12" Self Healing Cutting Mat
- X-ACTO® Designer Series Retractable #1 Knife
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 12" Metal Ruler
- ProvoCraft® Cricut Expression™ Electronic Cutter with accessories and Storybook™ Shapes Cartridge and Animal Kingdom™ Shapes Cartridge
- The Paper Company™ / TPC Studio™ 12" x 12" decorative paper, three each: Iridescent Green Grass Cloth and Bronze Jewel Metallic Text
- Four antique gold metal corners (approx. 1/2" x 1 1/4")
- (6) Large paper clips
Use Metal Ruler and pencil to measure and mark three 12" x 12" Foam Board squares. Use Retractable Knife (with new blade) on Self Healing Cutting Mat to cut out each. (Hint: Score lightly first and then press more firmly to cut deeper, with several passes of the knife. Replace blades often.)
Apply All Purpose Glue Stick to Foam Board panel. Align 12" x 12" Green paper and press onto Foam Board. Repeat with other two panels and let dry.
Read manufacturer's instructions and be familiar with operating Cricut Expression™. (Note: Practice cutting birds and leaves on scrap paper.) From Bronze paper, cut two Birds set at 4 1/2" and one at 4" using Animal Kingdom™ cartridge. Cut four corner flourishes set at 4 1/2" and two flourishes set at 2 1/2". If desired, refer to photo to make cuts inside birds wider, using Knife and Cutting Mat.
Position all die-cuts onto panels according to photo. Use Dot Runner on backs of birds and leaves to attach to panels.
For metal corners, apply Quick Dry Glue Dualtip Pen to each Foam Board corner and press metal corner in place. (Note: If corners come with screws, dot screws with glue and push into Foam Board.)
For hangers, on back of each panel, measure and mark 2 1/2” down from top and 2" in from each side. At each mark use craft knife to make 1/4" long, shallow horizontal slits. Carefully insert knife blade into each slit, angled up toward top and remove. Slightly separate curved ends of paper clips 1/4". Insert shorter rounded ends up into slits, creating hanger loops with longer ends of paper clips.