Nautical Anchor Tote
- Tulip Soft® Velveteen Fabric Paint - Red
- Tulip® Fabric Spray Paint - Sapphire
- Back to Basics Canvas Tote
- Art-i-Cake™ Jump Rings
- Art-i-Cake™ Chain - Bronze
- Loops & Threads® Grommets (2)
- Masking Tape
- Paper, Sticky-back (or Sticker Paper) - White
- Grommet Setter
- Needle Nose Pliers
Step 1 Pre-wash canvas tote.
Step 2 Use masking tape to create your background horizontal stripes.
Step 3 Use Tulip® Sapphire spray paint all over bag. Remove tape and let dry.
Step 4 Draw an anchor shape onto your sticker paper. Cut out shape, keeping the outside of shape as the stencil. Remove backing and stick down to your canvas tote.
Step 5 Using Tulip® Red Velveteen paint, paint inside the stencil. Remove stencil to reveal your anchor shape . Let dry.
Step 6 Using a grommet setter, place two grommets ¼" apart at top edge of bag, next to strap attachments (front and back).
Step 7 Using needle nose pliers add in jump rings to the grommets and attach the bronze chain from front to back onto the jump rings.