No Monkey Business Book Cover
- Plaid® Simply® Stencils: 29169, 17483
- Plaid® FolkArt® Acrylic Paint: Baby Pink, Wicker White, Licorice, Hot Pink, Coffee Bean
- CraftSmart® Paint Brush, for stencils
- Felt sheet, black
- 10mm Wiggle eyes
- Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue
- Sharpie® Extra-Fine Permanent Marker, black
- Brown paper or paper grocery sack
- Blunt scissors
- 3M® Blue Painter's Tape
- Fine Motor
- Using a pencil, trace the outline of the entire book onto brown paper. Add 5-inches to each end and cut out.
- Stencil the flowers from the stencil pack with Baby Pink. Let dry. Stencil the monkey (not the heart) in the middle of the book with Coffee Bean. Let dry. Stencil the heart with Hot Pink. Add the "SO CUTE" at the top with Wicker White.
- Tape off a section at the bottom of the paper 1½-inches times the length of the name you will be using. Paint the section with Wicker White. When dry, stencil the name with Licorice. Let dry.
- Use an extra fine black marker to outline everything as shown in the photo.
- Glue the wiggle eyes on top of the eyes which have already been stenciled. On the back of the black felt, trace the monkey's nose and cut out. Attach using glue to the top of the nose already stenciled.
The materials and instructions listed are to create the sample project as shown. Encourage kids to be creative, selecting their own choice of colors and designs.
Adult supervision is required at all times. Children should not use the scissors without adult supervision.