Old World Pottery
- Krylon Gold Metallic (1706)
- Krylon Premium Metallic - 18 KT. Gold (1000)
- Krylon Stained Glass - Red (9020)
- Krylon Stained Glass - Blue (9021)
- Optional: Krylon Crystal Clear Gloss (1303), Matte Finish(1311) or UV-Resistant Clear (1305 - Gloss, 1309 - Matte)
- Clay Pot or Project Of Your Choice
- Disposable Rubber Gloves (Optional)
When working with unfinished wood, prepare your surface by sanding smooth and wiping clean with a tack cloth. Apply a primer like Krylon Interior/Exterior Multi-Purpose Gray Primer (51318) to seal the surface.
When working with bare metal, be sure surface is free of rust and oil. Apply a primer to seal the surface.
When working with plastic, glass or ceramic, lightly sand surface with a fine grain sandpaper and wipe clean with a tack cloth. This will help the paint to adhere better to these smooth surfaces. Apply a primer to further improve adhesion of paint.
Place project on newspaper to protect work area from overspray.
Randomly spray light bursts of Krylon Gold Metallic (1706), Krylon Red Stained Glass Paint (9020), and Krylon Blue Stained Glass Paint (9021) on all sides of project until covered. Let dry.
Lightly mist Krylon Premium Metallic - 18 KT. Gold (1000) over entire project.
Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you achieve the desired effect. Let dry thoroughly.
For added protection of your finished project, spray several light coats of Krylon Crystal Clear (1303 Gloss or 1311 Matte) as a final step. For projects that will be used outdoors or near a window, use Krylon UV-Resistant Clear (1305/Gloss or 1309/Matte)