Lion Brand® Imagine® One Ball Twirly Scarf (Knit)
Create this fashionable scarf using Imagine®, a loosely woven, tubular yarn. Knitting with Imagine requires a special, yet simple, technique. The stitches are formed by inserting the needle into this yarn, rather than wrapping the yarn over your needle.
Skill Level: Beginner
- Lion Brand® Imagine® (Art. #515) Yarn – Purple Haze (1 Ball) or Color of Choice
- Lion Brand® Knitting Needles, Size 11 (8mm)
SIZE: About 6"x51". (15 x 129.5cm)
GAUGE: Exact gauge is not essential to this project.
To cast on, insert your needle into the yarn about 2" (5cm) from the end of the yarn. Pick up 2-3 threads of the yarn with your needle. This loop of threads on your needle counts as the first stitch.
Insert your needle into the yarn about 2½" (6.5cm) past the first stitch. Pick up 2-3 threads of the yarn. This is the second stitch.
Row 1: Hold the needle containing the stitches in your left hand. Knit across the row as follows:
- Insert right hand needle into the first stitch on left hand needle and then into the yarn, picking up 2-3 threads of yarn as before to make a new loop on your right hand needle.
- Pull this new loop back through the existing loop, dropping the existing loop from your left hand needle – one stitch knit.
- Repeat to knit the remaining stitch.
Repeat Row 1 to knit more rows, until about 15" (38cm) of yarn remains.
Bind off by knitting the first, then the second stitch; with the tip of the left hand needle, lift the first stitch over the second and off the needle.
To finish, pull the yarn end through the last stitch.
Knot yarn ends, then trim close to knot.
Every effort has been made to produce accurate and complete instructions. We cannot be responsible for variance of individual knitters or crocheters, human error, or typographical mistakes.
©2012 Lion Brand Yarn Company, all rights reserved.