Paintable Textures - Glass
Texture Glass is a gel-like product that dries clear. Easily applied with a palette knife, fan brush or Texture Tool, Texture Glass can enhance the look of most hard surfaces. Texture Glass is used in home decor as well as crafting. Picture frames, vases, urns and other flat or smooth surfaces can be dimensional with the addition of Texture Glass.
· Use palette knife, scruffy brush or sponge to peak: Dab tool into wet Texture Glass. Press down and immediately lift straight up. Repeat with a pouncing motion until desired effect is achieved.
· Use stencils to create relief designs: Position stencil on surface. Tape or hold stencil with fingers to secure. Use palette knife to spread Texture Glass over open stencil area. Carefully lift stencil. Let dry.
· Combing: Use Texture Tools to achieve a variety of designs. Apply Texture Glass on project surface. Use straight side of Texture Tool to smooth out. Choose Texture Tool shape as desired. Drag tool through wet Texture Glass. Circles are made by using one side of the tool as a pivot-just sweep tool around in a complete circle. Waves, zig-zags and more are done by moving the tool from side to side as it is dragged through the wet Texture Glass.
· A smoother, more uniform look can be achieved by applying Texture Glass with a brush or palette knife. The straight side of the Texture Tools is also great for smoothing and leveling.
· Antiquing Methods: Texture Glass may be glazed with Elegant Finish Glazes or your own mix.