Painted Chili Pepper Candle
Jean Kievlan for Loew-Cornell
- Loew-Cornell® Brush Bin II, 1
- Loew-Cornell® Compresse Sponges, 1 Package
- Loew-Cornell® White Nylon Paintbrush, No. 1 Round, Series No. 795, 1
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paint, True Red
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paint, Holly Green
- DecoArt® Americana® Candle Painting Medium
- White Pillar Candle, 1
- Paper Plate
- Paper Towels
Cut chili pepper and chili pepper stem shapes from compressed sponge.
Expand the sponge shapes in water, then squeeze out excess moisture. Dab the sponges on a paper towel
to further dry.
Mix candle painting medium into True Red, Holly Green and Burnt Umber paint following the manufacturer's
instructions on the label.
Press the chili pepper sponge into True Red paint. Press one edge of the chili pepper design into Burnt
Lightly press the sponge once onto a paper plate to blend the paint.
Stamp the chili pepper design onto the candle.
Load the stamp with more paint, blot excess on the paper plate, then stamp additional chili peppers on the
Let paint dry.
Load the stem stamp with Holly Green paint. Stamp stems on each of the chili peppers. Let dry.
Add squiggle lines to the background of the candle using a round paintbrush.