Painters Button Frame and Shelf
Painters® make buttons fun! Then, let them explode onto a frame…and even onto the wall shelf!
Designed by Craft Marketing Connections, Inc. courtesy of Elmer's.
- Elmer’s® Painters® Medium Tip Paint Markers (recommended colors: Orange, Yellow, Pink, Violet and White)
- CraftBond™ Quick Dry Glue Dual Tip Pen
- 12" x 14" x 2 ½” black frame with mat (with 5" x 7" opening)
- 3" x 12" decorative-ledge black shelf
- White buttons: Nine 1 1/2" diameter (large), Nine 1 1/8" diameter (medium) and Forty 3/4" diameter (small)
- 5" x 7" photo
Follow manufacturer's instructions to prime Painter's® Paint Markers. Insert photo into frame and secure backing.
Use Painter's® to paint buttons and let dry.
Yellow: Two large, three medium and ten small
Purple: Two large, two medium and ten small
Pink: Three large, two medium and ten small
Orange: Two large, two medium and ten small
Use White Paint Marker to paint designs on buttons using dots, stripes, spirals, zig zags and plaid, keeping a few solid color buttons undecorated. Let dry.
Plan placement of buttons on frame by positioning one color at time for even color distribution. (Note: Set aside one medium and two small buttons to attach to glass. Also set aside one large, one medium and five small buttons to embellish shelf.)
After deciding arrangement, use CraftBond™ Quick Dry Glue Dual Tip Pen to attach buttons to frame and glass. Let dry.
For shelf, position buttons and use Quick Dry Glue to attach. (Note: Support shelf with book to make it level while it dries.)