Paper Bead Necklace
Uses Recycled Items:
Get exclusive offers about this product and more!
- Recycle Magazine
- Mod Podge® Classic
- Drinking Straws
- Hirschberg Beads - White Round Alphabet
- Assorted Beads of Choice
- Foam Paint Brush
- Craft Smart® All Purpose Glue
- Fine Motor
- Cut your magazines into 1-inch wide strips. Measure from one corner to the opposite corner, mark with pencil and cut apart. This gives you tapered pieces for rolling your beads.
- Starting at the wide end, roll your paper strip. About 4 inches from the pointed end of the paper, brush glue onto the paper and continue rolling to the end of the paper.
- Leave each bead on the toothpick and brush with Mod Podge®, slide off toothpick and let dry.
- Cut straw into ½ inch pieces. Cut an 18-inch piece of yarn and string your beads, alphabet beads and straw pieces as desired.
We used the beads to spell out RECYCLE, but you could spell out a name or initials. You can also make a bracelet by shortening the yarn.
Adult supervision is required at all times.