Paper and Ribbons Cake
What a multitude of color and theme possibilities you have when creating this gorgeous tiered cake from your favorite scrapbook paper and ribbon.
Designed by Dondi Richardson.
- Cake Forms – 4"x8", 4"x10" and 4"x12"
- Recollections™ Scrapbook Paper – Design of Choice
- Celebrate It® Ribbon, 1½" – Chocolate/Blue
- Celebrate It® Ribbon, 2" – Chocolate
- Creatology™ Chenille Stems (2)
- Low Heat Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Scissors or Paper Trimmer
- Measuring Tape
Glue the cake forms stacked and centered on top of one another.
Cut 4" wide strips of scrapbook paper and glue to cover the tiers of the cakes.
Pin 1½" ribbon around the tops of each cake tier. Fold pleats in the ribbon as you go, pinning them in place.
Pin 2" ribbon under the bottom edge of the cake. Fold pleats in the ribbon as you go, pinning in place.
To create the heart, cut a 36" piece of 2" ribbon. Fold the ribbon in half lengthwise and glue along the sides to create a long sleeve. Twist the ends of two chenille stems together to form one long stem. Thread the stem into the ribbon sleeve gathering the ribbon onto the stem.