Peace Sign Necklace
Spread peace and love with this fun necklace.
Designed by Michelle Mach.
- Rondelles, 5mm – Hematite (6)
- Jasper Rounds, 3mm – Black (40)
- Dyed Aventurine Rounds, 4mm – Purple (34)
- Dyed Agate Round, 10mm – pink
- Shell Rounds, 4mm – White
- Faceted Glass Rounds, 4mm – Black Jet (40)
- Pendant – Silver Peace Sign
- Lobster Clasp – Silver
- Jump Rings, 8mm – Silver (4)
- Crimp Tubes, 2mm – Silver (2)
- Eye Pin, 2" – Black
- Beadalon® 49-strand Flexible Beading Wire, .015" (27")
- Wire, 26 ga. – Black (12")
- Wire Cutters
- Crimping Pliers
- Round Nose Pliers
- Chain/Flat Nose Pliers (2)
- Bead Stoppers
Step 1 Cut the beading wire into one 20" piece and one 7" piece. Place a bead stopper at the end of the 7" wire. String (28) purple rounds and one crimp tube. Remove the bead stopper and string the beginning of the wire through the crimp tube, forming a circle. Crimp the tube. Place the circle on top of the peace sign pendant so that the crimp is at the top of the pendant, just below the pendant loop. Use the black wire to wrap the pendant and beaded circled together, holding the beaded circle firmly in place. Trim wire.
Step 2 Use the eye pin to string one hematite rondelle, the pink round, and one hematite rondelle; form a simple loop. Use one jump ring to attach the bottom loop of the pink beaded link to the top loop of the pendant. Attach one jump ring to the top loop of the pink beaded link. Set aside the pink-and-purple pendant.
Step 3 Use the 20" piece of beading wire to string one crimp tube and one jump ring. Pass the wire back through the crimp tube and crimp. Attach the jump ring to the clasp.
Step 4 String (20) black 3mm rounds, (20) black 4mm faceted rounds, one hematite rondelle, three purple rounds, one hematite rondelle, and eleven white rounds.
Step 5 String the top jump ring on the pink-and-purple pendant.
Step 6 Repeat Step 4, reversing the stringing sequence. String one crimp tube and one jump ring. Pass back through the crimp tube and crimp.