Stamped Peacock Feather Card Set
It's simple and fast to create a dramatic gift for friends and family when you present them with an elegant box of greeting cards!
Designed by Debi Hammons & Kristine Reynolds for Stampendous!®
- Peacock Feather Stamp by Stampendous!®
- Cling Imperial Jewel Stamp by Stampendous!®
- Ebony Opaque Embossing Powder by Recollections®
- VersaMark Watermark Ink Pad by Tsukineko®
- VersaFine Onyx Balck Ink Pad by Tsukineko®
- Colorbox Gray Whale Chalk Ink by Clearsnap
- Silver Mini Paper Fasteners by Recollections®
- 1/16" Hole Punch by Fiskars®
- Cardstock: Turquoise, Black & White
- Markers: Turquoise and Lime Green
- Embossing Heat Tool
- Celebrate It® Ribbon, Grosgrain, Turquoise with White Dots
- Paper Trimmer
- Scoring Tool
To create cards:
Fold 4 ¼” X 11” panel of turquoise card stock in half to form card base.
Stamp Cling Imperial Jewel in gray ink to cover a 3 7/8” X 5 1/8” white card stock panel as a background. Allow to dry.
Stamp Peacock Feather in VersaMark ink on right side of stamped card panel. Sprinkle Ebony embossing powder over wet ink, tapping off excess powder and returning to jar. Heat with heat embossing tool until powder is set.
Color inside of embossed feather with markers as shown.
Adhere stamped panel to 4” X 5 ¼” panel of black card stock.
Adhere a ½” X 5 1/8” strip of turquoise card stock to a ¾” X 5 1/8” strip of black card stock with glue.
Use 1/16” hole punch to place three mini silver brads in layered strips.
Adhere strip to card front with paper glue.
Decorate envelopes if desired with stamped and colored feathers.
To create gift box:
Score 6" x 11 1/4" black cardstock horizontally at 4 3/4" from top and bottom.
Score 8 1/4" x 3 1/2" black cardstock at 1/2" and 1 1/4" from both sides and along bottom.
Cut on score lines 1 1/4" on bottom corners allowing corner piece to fall out.
Stamp Peacock Feather in black ink on a 3” X 5 ½” panel of white card stock.
Color Peacock Feathers with markers as shown.
Adhere stamped white panel to 3 ¼” X 5 ½” panel of turquoise card stock.
Adhere ½” X 5 ½” strip of black card stock to a ¾” X 5 1/2 “ strip of turquoise card stock.
Use a 1/16” punch to put two mini silver brads into layered strips. Glue strips to white stamped panel.
Fold back edges along score lines to create box. Secure corners with glue. Set aside.
Create an additional card front only following directions above and adhere to front of box sandwiching 22” of ribbon between card front and box front.
Attach prepared box section to back side of cover panel using glue. Fold over along scored lines.
Tie ribbon in a bow around box to securely close it.
- Make all the cards and the box front at the same time. Cutting all the pieces ahead of time and working “assembly line” style makes creating gifts of boxed cards simple and fast.
- Use different colors and seasonal stamps to make a great Holiday gift!