Peas in a Pod Garden Wreath
- STYROFOAM Wreath Ring- 14" x 2-1/2" x 2"
- Mini Clay Pots: One 2-1/2"; Four 1-1/2"
- Decorative Seed Packet of Peas
- Artificial Green Pea Pods- Assorted Sizes, 15
- Silk Flowers and Foliage: White Cosmos, Nine; White Trumpet, 18; Dusty Miller For Filler
- Reindeer Moss- Green
- Artificial Dragonflies- Two
- Spray Paints- Brown, Black and Moss Green
- Matboard or Heavyweight Cardboard- 15" Square
- Chenille Stem
- 3" Wooden Floral Picks without Wires- Five
- Low-Temp Glue Gun and Glue Sticks Or Thick White Craft Glue
- Serrated Knife
- Wire Cutters
Use serrated knife to cut small beveled chunks from wreath, adding texture to foam surface. Sand wreath with a small scrap of foam to smooth cut edges.
Center wreath on matboard or cardboard and trace inner and outer circles with a pencil. Cut out and glue to back of wreath to prevent breaking.
For hanger, bend chenille stem in half and twist ends together. Insert ends through wreath backing and into foam, remove, and glue in place.
Spray wreath with two coats of brown paint, letting dry after each coat. Lightly mist black, then moss green paint over brown foam to create an earthy look.
Position wreath on work surface with hanger at center top. Glue a 2-1/2" clay pot to bottom of wreath slightly left of center. Insert a wooden pick through hole in pot and into foam to stabilize. Trim pick to 3/4" inside pot. Glue two 1-1/2" clay pots to right of larger pot, securing each with a wooden pick (refer to photo). Also glue two 1-1/2" clay pots to top of wreath slightly right of center and secure with wooden picks.
Neatly slit open seed packet at bottom and remove contents, reserving seeds for use later. Glue seed packet tucked inside 2-1/2" pot. Insert and glue six pea pods in a cluster around bottom pots (refer to photo). Insert and glue remaining pea pods around top pots.
Insert and glue cosmos to wreath (refer to photo). Fill in wreath with trumpet flowers and dusty miller foliage.
Glue reserved seeds to wreath, clustered around bottom pots. Glue small clumps of reindeer moss inside each pot and randomly to wreath, concealing any visible glue. Glue a dragonfly to a clay pot at top and bottom of wreath.