Peppermint Candy Recipe Box
- Plaid FolkArt - Black Cherry
- Plaid FolkArt - Vintage White
- Plaid Mod Podge - Matte
- Don Mechanic Recipe Box
- Wooden Candy Ornament
- 1-1/4” Wooden Toy Wheels- 4”
- ¼“ Wide Off-White Ribbon- 2 (4 ½“) Pieces
- Black Letter Stickers
- Assorted Christmas Stickers to Embellish Recipe Cards
- Hot Glue
- Fine Sand Paper
- Paint Brushes
- Scissors or Paper Cutter
1) Remove hardware from box; set aside.
2) Sand rough edges of box and ornament; wipe clean.
3) Paint inside of box Vintage White.
4) Paint upper inside edges of box base and lower inside edges of lid Black Cherry; allow to dry.
5) Paint outside top edges of lid Black Cherry; allow to dry.
6) Paint candy ornament using Vintage White and Black Cherry (see photo); allow to dry.
7) Paint toy wheels Vintage White (these will be the “feet” of the box); allow to dry.
8) With small brush, paint stripes on toy wheels with Black Cherry to create “peppermint candies”; set aside.
9) Cut scrapbook paper and attach to box using Mod Podge.
10) Using Mod Podge, attach a piece of green scrapbook paper to the inside lid of box.
11) Using scraps of leftover scrapbook paper and black letter stickers, make 3 tags: Christmas (for front of lid) , Recipes (for front of box base) & Enjoy (for inside of lid)
12) Attach tags to box using Mod Podge; allow to dry, then give outside of box a second coat of Mod Podge; allow to dry.
13) Reattach hardware to box.
14) Tie ribbons to candy ornament and hot glue to the top of the box.
15) Using hot glue, attach “peppermint candies” to each bottom corner of the box.
16) For recipe cards, cut cardstock into fourths and embellish the corner of each card with a Christmas sticker.