Personalized Wrap Bracelets 2012
Personalize your jewelry or make a special gift for your friends.
Designed by Melissa Manks.
- Bead Landing™ Ancient Beads
- Bead Landing™ Assorted Jump Rings – Silver
- Bead Landing™ Head Pins – Silver
- Bead Landing™ Braided Leather Cord - Ivory
- Bead Landing™ Leather Cord – Natural
- Bead Landing™ Silk Cording - Black
- Bead Landing™ Ribbon Necklace - Black
- Bead Landing™ Ring Blanks, 20 ga. – Aluminum
- Jewelry Essentials™ Charms – Hearts
- Acrylic Paint
- Paper Towel
- Masking Tape
- Bead Landing™ Chain Nose Pliers (2)
- Bead Landing™ Round Nose Pliers
- Bead Landing™ Side Cutter Pliers
- Bead Landing™ Long Nose Hole Punch Pliers
- Bead Landing™ Letter Stamp Set
- Bead Landing™ Brass Mallet
- Bead Landing™ Steel Bench Block
- Bead Landing™ Nylon Jaw Pliers
- Bead Landing™ Texture Hammer
Using masking tape, tape the aluminum ring blank to the steel bench block.
Using the brass mallet and the letter stamps, stamp the aluminum ring blank.
Note: use texture hammer to create texture on the ring blanks as an alternative.
Remove tape and ring blank from the steel bench block.
Dab some acrylic paint onto a paper towel and smear onto the letters on the ring blanks. Wipe off excess paint. Allow paint to dry.
Place ring blank between nylon jaws on pliers to create a slight bend/curve.
Punch a hole ¼" from both ends of the ring blank with the long nose hole punch pliers.
Attach a jump ring to both ends of the ring blank. Cut ribbon and/or leather cording to desired length. Loop the ribbon and/or leather cording through the jump ring and tie a knot to secure.
Insert a bead through a head pin. Using round nose pliers, bend the head pin at a 45° angle. Using the side cutters, trim the edge to about ¼". Using the round nose pliers, make a simple loop to secure the bead. Repeat 2 more times. These will be referred to as “Bead Dangles.”
Attach Bead Dangles from previous step to jump ring. Attach heart charm to jump ring.