Photo Card Carousel
Display all your holiday photo cards for everyone to see! Even tuck the letters that came with them into handy envelopes.
Designed by Craft Marketing Connections, Inc. courtesy of Elmer's.
- Bi-Fold Foam Board, 9" x 12" (opens to 12" x 18"), two
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 12" x 12" Self Healing Cutting Mat
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 12" Metal Ruler
- X-ACTO® Designer Series Gripster® Knife (with new blade)
- The Paper Company™ / TCP Studio™, Christmas Village™ Collection: 12" x 12" scrapbook paper: Two each of "Winter Wonderland", "Blizzard", "Downtown" and "Ice Skating"
- Printed Brads, approx. 30
- 5 1/4" x 7 1/4" envelopes, one each Green and White
- Five 4" diameter glittered snowflake ornaments
- Thumbtacks, approx. 30
- Low Heat Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
Place one opened Elmer's® Bi-Fold Foam Board on work surface. Apply CraftBond™ All Purpose Glue Stick to left side of Foam Board and attach "Ice Skating" paper with trees aligned with lower right corner of Foam Board. With paper side down, use
X-ACTO® Gripster® Knife (with new blade) on Self Healing Cutting Mat to cut paper even with edges of Foam Board. Similarly glue "Ice Skating" paper to right side of Foam Board with trees aligned with lower left corner. (Note: Trees will be centerfold.)
With second opened Bi-Fold Foam Board, similarly position and glue "Downtown" paper (so area to be trimmed will be between buildings). Trim paper edges.
Stand Foam Boards upright with folds aligned to create carousel. Use pencil to mark two adjoining sides A, A, rotate carousel and mark the other sides B, B. Similarly glue and attach pairs of papers to adjoining sides of Foam Board.
To permanently assemble carousel, use glue gun to glue foam edge of Foam Board hinge and quickly press second Foam Board hinge against glued edge, aligning carefully. (Note: Be sure that carousel rests flat on table.)
Remove foam tape from printed brads. Use glue gun to glue thumbtack heads into brads. Fold back flaps on Green and White envelopes. Position envelopes toward bottoms of panels that color coordinate best. Use tacks in upper corners to attach to carousel.
Perch at top or use tacks to attach snowflakes to carousel as desired. Place carousel on table. As you receive holiday photo cards, attach to carousel with tacks. Place holiday letters and notes into envelopes. Display additional cards in sections between carousel panels.