Pinecone Napkin Holders
- Sculpey® III Clay - Hazelnut
- Creatology™ Chenille Stem
- Craft Sticks
- Oven (for adult use only)
- Wax Paper
- Fine Motor
- Divide Hazelnut clay in half; use 1 half for each napkin holder. Knead clay until soft and smooth.
- Use craft stick to cut clay into 4 equal pieces. Shape 2 pieces into large teardrops. Roll the other 2 pieces into 12-inch long skinny logs.
- Cut skinny logs into pieces about ¼-inch long. Roll each piece into a tiny ball and press flat to the teardrop shape. Start at the tip and work down. Each new piece should overlap the last piece just a bit.
- Keep adding clay pieces until teardrop is completely covered. Make the second pinecone in the same way. Gently push ends of the 6-inch chenille stem into the big ends of the pinecones.
- Bake all pieces at 275° F (130° C) for 15 minutes per 1/4-inch (6mm) of thickness. DO NOT USE MICROWAVE OVEN. DO NOT EXCEED the recommended temperature or baking time. After baking, allow to cool. Wrap stem around napkin and twist to hold.
Start with clean hands and work area. Good working surfaces include a glass or metal surface, disposable foil or wax paper.
Adult supervision is required at all times.
Oven for adult use only.