Pink Posy Purse
Accessorize your next party with this stylish, easy-to-make centerpiece. From bridal showers to Mother’s Day, this pocketbook of posies is sure to be a favorite.
Designed by Diane Flowers for The Dow Chemical Company
- Styrofoam™ Brand Foam Block: 8-inches x 4-inches x 2-inches
- Decorative Paper: 12-inch x 12-inch sheet (your choice)
- Pink Silk Gerbera Daisies (8)
- Pink Beaded Garland with Leaves
- Paper Trimmer or Scissors
- Stick-Flat Paste or Liquid Paper Glue
- Low-Temp Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Floral Shears
- Floral Pins
Trace sides and bottom of foam block onto back of decorative paper; cut out. Use paste or liquid glue to adhere paper to foam; let dry.
Cut a 24-inch length from garland and bend into handle shape; use floral pins to secure handle ends to narrow ends of block near top edge. Dot ends with hot glue for added strength; adjust leaves to cover pins and exposed glue.
Trim daisy stems to 2-inches long. Glue and insert stems into top of foam block.
Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used.
This simple project adapts to any season and occasion. Try holiday papers and red roses for Christmas, or for a bridal shower, coordinate with the bridal party’s color scheme.