- Wilton Round Pans- 6x3, 8x2, 12x3 in.
- Wilton Square Pans- 10x2, 16x2 in.
- Wilton Tip 2
- Wilton Colors- Rose, Kelly Green, Royal Blue and Black
- Wilton White Ready-to-Use Rolled Fondant- 348 oz.
- Wilton Rolling Pin
- Wilton Roll & Cut Mat
- Wilton Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Wilton Floral Collection Flower Making Set
- Wilton Brush Set
- Wilton Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Buttercream Icing
- Wilton Flower Former Set
- Flower Spikes
- 6mm Pearl beading- 2 Packages
- Wilton “Hidden” Pillars
- Plastic Dowel Rods
- Cake Boards
- Gum Paste Mix
- Meringue Powder
- Heating Core
- 20-Gauge Cloth-Covered Wire- 44 six-inch pieces
- 3/8 in. Wide Black Satin Ribbon- 6 yards
- Square Plywood Board- 21-1/2 in.
- Aluminum Foil
- Non-Toxic Pastel Chalk
- Tea Strainer
Several days in advance:
Make 20 plumeria flowers and 24 leaves using 1 recipe of gum paste. Make extras to allow for breakage.
For flowers, tint gum paste rose and roll out 1/16 in. thick.
For leaves, tint gum paste green with a little blue an black added; roll out 1/16 in. thick. Cut leaves using tulip leaf cutter from flower making set. Place on thin foam and score vein lines with veining tool.
Attach wire to back with adhesive; let dry on large flower formers dusted with cornstarch.
Bake and cool 1-layer 6 in. (3 in. high), 8 in. and 16 in. cakes and 2-layer 12 in. cake (bake two 2-1/2 in. layers for a 5 in. cake).
For bottom tier, bake and cool eight 1-layer 10 in. cakes; stack in tows on foil-wrapped plywood board to form a 20 in. wide x 4 in. high cake. Prepare cakes for stacked construction and rolled fondant.
Cover cakes in rolled fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother.
Using buttercream, attach ribbon and pearl beading to base of each cake.
Pipe tip 2 scrolls and dots.
Place a small ball of fondant in flower spikes; insert flowers and leaves. Insert spikes in cake.